- A white-hulled, spring oat developed by the South Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station (SDAES) and released in 2015
- Hayden has medium-late maturity, heading about 4 days later than Shelby 427
- Hayden is 2 inches taller than Shelby 427 and 4 inches shorter than Goliath
- Hayden has excellent yield potential and high test weight.
- Hayden is resistant to smut and BYDV. The variety is moderately susceptible to crown rust and stem rust
- Lodging resistance is better than Goliath and similar to Shelby 427
|Year Released||2015||Relative Plant Height||Med-Tall|
|Stem Rust||Mod-Sus.||Grain Color||White|